Thursday, October 10, 2013

Airplane travel with an infant...

Is so not fun!! Especially when you're doing it alone and the plane is tiny, and doesn't have a change table in the bathroom. Oh the joys of poop explosions at 30,000 feet. Motherhood is just so glamorous. 

Madeline and I just got back (I'm actually typing this while she naps on the plane) fr 10 days with Gramma and Grandpa (my parents!) on the east coast. Sans daddy. The first couple of days were especially trying as Madeline got used to her new surroundings. Her sleep was total crap but did eventually go almost back to normal, thank god. I don't know why I let it get to me so much, but I definitely had a few meltdowns related to her sleep. Oh well. 

We had such a lovely time with my awese and hilarious family. I haven't laughed that hard in a while! When we all get together we are pretty ridiculous. I hope Madeline develops such a wonderful sense of humor. She definitely seemed to enjoy the crazy! She is in love with her big cousin, who is completely infatuated with her. You might even use the word obsessed :)

Two of my favorite Abby moments? Madeline was in the jumperoo watching the crazy go on around her. I said to her, "yep, you really are in the nuthouse here", then Abby said to me, "excuse me aunt Sarah? That's not the nut house, that's the jumperoo!"  That kid kills me. She's 3.5 years old and wise beyond her years. 

My second favorite Abby moment. We picked her up from daycare yesterday and her teacher asked if Madeline was "Maddie". When I said yes she told me that they made a thanksgiving craft where they cut out the kids' handprints and wrote on them what they said they were thankful for. Abby had them write "my little cousin Maddie". Be still my heart. 

In the spirit of Canadian thanksgiving this weekend I'd like to say that I am thankful for my wonderful family, who can always make me smile, in particular my niece Abby. She is the second light of my life. My little stinkerdoodle. My choo choo train passenger. The most beautiful little girl around :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...