Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Blog Favorites...

Happy Friday to everyone!!! It's a long weekend here and we are headed camping. Wish us luck. Leroy has never been camping, and my husband and I have never been camping together... hopefully putting up the tent doesn't result in a giant argument!
Last Friday I wrote a post with my favorite blogs of the week. This week I was thinking of changing it up a bit, and instead of listing my favorite blogs of the week, I will be listing my favorite blog posts of the week. This way I can spread the love to the same blogs more than once! I just recently participated in the GFC Blog Hop, and I made a ton of new friends. My blog reader is getting insanely full! It's hard to keep up, but everyone is just so awesome, I have been spending my evenings with Breaking Bad and blogs :)
Via
There was so much to chose from this week. It was really tricky for me to come up with the top 5 but here they are, in no particular order:

1. The Anatomy of a Campire... over at Life on LeRoy (The whole LeRoy part is, by the way, the initial reason I started following this blog! Our dog's name is right there in the blog name! haha). I think since we're camping this weekend this post really drew me in. Love Alli's writing style and the cute dog pictures help too! We'll definitely be smore-ing it up this weekend, even if we have to do it over a stove and not a fire (stupid drought, stupid fire ban).

2. Classic peanut butter cookies... over on Kitchen Trial and Error. There are so many yummy sounding/looking recipes on this blog, but this one made it into my favorites this week because I am a SUCKER for peanut butter cookies! This recipe looks and sounds awesome and I can't wait to try it.

3. My dog picks up trash... over at The Coffeehouse. Just loved the humor in this post! Also, I can relate because Leroy is a garbage dog too. I should start taking pictures of the gross things he picks up.

4.  Adrian's Summer Entertaining Series: Easy Decor... over at oh, hello love! All of the posts in this series have been awesome so far, and I am excited to try the guacamole recipe shared last week for sure! Loved this post by Emily on easy decor ideas for summer though, I love when I go to someone's house and they've put effort into table and party decor!

5. A deep post... over on Daisy Girl. I really loved this post, it was very insightful, and eye-opening. I might have to write about something similar. I often feel like my entire life is a competition. Here's the comment I left on this post: "Love this post! It's so hard to stop going through life that way. It seems like there's always a sense of contest, competition, who can wear the best outfit? Who has the best relationship? Who makes more money? Who's winning at life? It's never ending , and I am really hoping to just STOP, and live my life as I want it." Head on over there and check it out!

So there you have it, my favorite blog posts of the week!!

Is anyone finding this useful? Should I keep this as a Friday regular? Would love your feedback!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I always love seeing posts like this - it's fun to get to see new blogs/posts that I haven't before! :)

Unknown said...

So sweet! So honored to be featured!

cat said...

Yay, Breaking Bad - such a great show, hope you're enjoying it!

Oh hello, Love said...

Thank you so much for including my post! I was so surprised!!

Chelsey said...

I LOVE camping! Seriously. I'm usually a girly girl but I love kind of getting away from everything for a few days. It can be so relaxing... I hope you have fun!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

haha. you should definitely start taking pictures of Leroy's finds. who doesn't want to look at gross trash on blogs?! you saw Sherm's beer can this morning I'm guessing? geeeez. he is out of control.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...